Following on what I posted for 2012… below is my year in review for 2013… I’ll use the same format, the good, the bad, and the verdict (no ugly here).
- I love Boston! We had a massive set back in 2013 with the Marathon bombings, but it has given me greater resolve that this city is fantastic!
- I’ve had many conversations with companies across the globe, and startups in Boston. It’s given me a great sense of the value/role that I could play with them, and the great news is that I accepted an offer to join a new company.
- The cambridge startup community seems as strong as ever.
- There’s a continued hope for progressivism in this country (marriage equality to name one) which is giving more hope that the sun will continue to rise.
- My brother got married!
- Despite my injuries, I was able to add biking in. These will add new goals for 2014.
- I have not had as much opportunity to work on big projects this year. Most of my projects have been about biz dev, without really an opportunity to get into the details.
- My work needed to change, and at the end of the year it did. However, the year was quite challenging.
- I am still struggling to get my running going. My achilles heel is still hurting.
On the whole, I would give 2013 a B. It was a mostly uneventful year, but with some good highlights. Even the Boston Bombings in April, but hit has furthered my resolve that this is a great city! 2014… HERE WE COME!